May 03, 2024, 10:19:38 PM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Recent posts

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Prop-1 / Code not working
Last post by davisgraveyard - October 16, 2023, 11:50:00 AM
I have a Prop1 running a program that is easily 10+yrs old.  I needed to make a change to the timing of one step when I replaced a relay switched jigsaw with a small 12v actuator that needed to run a bit longer.  So I dusted off my prop1 USB adapter and dug up what I think is the latest version of the .bs1 code (I'm surprised I had a copy) Made the change uploaded it to the Prop1 and now the code doesn't work.  It uses a sound triggered relay to activate but it is now not working.  I recall in the foggy cobweb filled part of my memory that I had issues with this and made some changes to make it more reliable but I think that version of the code is long gone.  I've tried the code on another prop1 with the same results.  Nothing else has changed.  It was working just before I made the code change.

SYMBOL Trigger          = PIN6              'Trigger pin
SYMBOL Sio              = 7                'serial I/O
SYMBOL IsOn            = 1
SYMBOL IsOff            = 0
SYMBOL i                = B0

' reset the devices
SEROUT Sio, OT2400, ("!!!!!AP8",%11,"X","!DC16",%11,"X")

'Wait for a trigger
Main:
DIRS = %10111111

IF Trigger = IsOff THEN Main

Force_Release:
IF Trigger = IsOn THEN Force_Release

it never gets to this point....

You cannot see attachments on this board.

You cannot see attachments on this board.
Miscellany / Re: Looking for baords
Last post by youngti - October 11, 2023, 09:11:37 AM
If your interested here is my Halloween yard, the Grim reaper is at 1 minute, 34 seconds on the video.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3lMyWViWbo
Miscellany / Looking for boards
Last post by youngti - October 11, 2023, 09:08:56 AM
Hi All, at least those still here.  I have been reading the posts lately and see that this board has not been very active.  I myself have not been back on in a while, not really building any new props.  However i recently ran into an issue with a prop that's been working since 2008.  Its what i call the Grim Reaper and it sits above my garage greeting tot's as they come to the house (post here https://www.efx-tek.com/php/smf/index.php?topic=804.msg4450#msg4450).  Unfortunately it has stopped working and I am afraid its due to the Prop 1. I have taken the board and plugged it into the USB key and can see the red lights come on.  But when plugged into the prop i get nothing.  I will check the power supply this weekend (have to pull the whole thing down which is not fun) and see if that's the issue.  The prop has three boards, Scary Terry servo driver, Cowlacious audio and the Prop 1. Okay getting to my questions, sorry for the long intro.  1) does anyone have any Prop 1's or Prop 2's that they would be willing to sell me?  2).  Can you substitute a prop 2 or maybe a PropSX (which i have one) for a prop 1 and use the same code? and lastly 3) does anyone have any possible other suggestions for troubleshooting the prop?
Prop-1 / Re: How to check if Prop 1 is ...
Last post by youngti - October 08, 2023, 04:32:58 PM
Okay i think the Prop 1 is okay.  I was able to plug in the USB BS1 and got lights on the 1 and 2 switch position and the Basic stamp software sees the Prop 1.
Prop-1 / How to check if Prop 1 is bad.
Last post by youngti - October 08, 2023, 01:20:55 PM
Hi all, I have this prop (https://www.efx-tek.com/php/smf/index.php?topic=804.msg4450#msg4450) that has been working for years with no issue.  How ever today it does not function.  I can hear the speakers come on but no trigger or programs seems to run.  Is there a way to check the Prop 1 to see if its okay?  The prop has three boards, Scary Terry servo driver, Cowlacious audio and the Prop 1.  I have dups of the other two so i can swap those out to see if they are the issues.  But i have no Prop 1 to test.  thanks as always for your help.
Completed Projects / Re: Crate Beast / MIB
Last post by Jeff Haas - November 05, 2022, 05:58:42 PM
Cool!  Nice to see it's still going strong.
Completed Projects / Re: Crate Beast / MIB
Last post by BigRez - November 04, 2022, 08:38:35 PM
Wow, 13 years ago.  Made some minor tweaks to the code over the years and had to replace the pump in the fog machine this year, but still worked great all weekend long.

Had someone offer me $400 to make him one... got a few unused Prop-1 but not sure I want to part with them so probably gonna pass.
Prop-1 / Re: Prop 1 / AP-8
Last post by aquawilly54 - October 28, 2022, 09:21:32 PM
No, I decided to shift my focus to other items to get me out from behind the eight ball.  It'll still be a decent Halloween hopefully. 

Thanks much, Jeff.

Steve
Last post by Jeff Haas - October 23, 2022, 06:37:59 PM
Steve,

Did you ever get in touch with Jon?  Did he get you up and going?

Jeff
Last post by aquawilly54 - October 13, 2022, 07:40:59 PM
Thanks Jeff,
  I'll check in to it. 

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10