May 18, 2024, 05:36:19 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

VSA LED Show Player

Started by JonnyMac, June 20, 2012, 04:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyMac

You may have seen that in another thread I'm helping one of our customers play a VSA-generated show. In that particular project a special switch matrix is used to extend the inputs; most won't need that. Attached here is a little player that only needs the HC-8+ and the microSD add-on board (they'll be up in the store shortly).

This is Take #1; it will play one of eight shows from the card (show00.bin to show07.bin) which correspond to trigger inputs on IN0..IN7. Future updates will start a file on the AP-16+ and add randomization.  Of course, if we can control LEDs then there's no reason why we cannot control servos; that's in the mix, too.  One step at a time. 

Notes:
-- VSA must export data in binary mode
-- VSA must export exactly 8 channels (even if they are not used in your show)
-- VSA values for channels must range from 0 to 255 (DMX dimmer)

I've attached a little demo VSA show that I've used to create data to test my program.  I realize that this is a little advanced but as I often remind you, if I can do it, you can do it!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office