May 04, 2024, 08:44:00 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Cauldron Skeleton

Started by youngti, September 26, 2012, 03:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackMan

7 volts to the servos raises a flag for me, most standard servos can't tolerate more than 6v.

youngti

Okay, I will check that.  But JonnyMac did say that voltage was less important than amps and suggested a power supply in the range of 6 to 7V and 2amps. 

JonnyMac

October 06, 2016, 06:38:47 PM #107 Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 06:40:18 PM by JonnyMac
So it's either my code getting tired or my bad suggestion for servo voltage?   :o

I know of some servos that run fine at 7.2 volts but I don't know what the long term implication is, nor what servos you're actually using (I hope you consulted the manufacturer data sheet [and in future I will not make recommendations that can be used against me or EFX-TEK]). The code base you have is identical to what is running in major amusement parks and neither has ever commented on things misbehaving after running several hours.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

youngti

October 06, 2016, 07:06:45 PM #108 Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 07:16:34 PM by youngti
Wow, Okay so I never said anything about the code being tired I said the prop.  I certainly didn't mean to insinuate you did anything wrong.  I am just looking at options.  I think I said I am far from an expert in the coding and just was asking if its possible.  Also I just said you suggested the option not recommended it and I had no intention of using anything against EFX-TEK or anybody.

Sorry if I upset anybody.

JackMan

What brand and model servos are you using?

JonnyMac

I'm a writer and an actor and the meaning of words are important to me. From my point of view, I felt I was being blamed when I only tried to help. That said, I was being jokey with my response and even used one of those silly face things.

I refreshed the last version I found posted with my latest drivers.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

youngti