May 04, 2024, 02:02:04 PM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

Cauldron Skeleton

Started by youngti, September 26, 2012, 03:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngti

Sure enough it is a 2.  Can you put a larger capacity card and have it work in the HC-8?  So long as it's a 4 or 6?

JonnyMac

Yep, I once ran a 16G card in a test.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

youngti

okay, i wll have to see if I can drag myself over to best buy.

JackMan

Yep, I'm using an 8GB  Sandisk Ultra in mine, works fine.

youngti

JonnyMac

That would be fantastic! I use Class 10 cards for HiDef video recording in my HDSLR.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

youngti

So I got a Sandisk class 6 4 GB and started the recording process.  Formated the card as fat.  It went about 1 minutes into the first recording and then the servos stopped responding and just would jerk every few seconds.  I did get a couple recording before but now I can't seem to get one.  I am using the same separate power supply which is a 5v 8amp but it will not complete a recording.  Any suggestions would be great.

JonnyMac

This is happening during the recording process?
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

youngti

Yes.  Also the two vixen files I sent you I was able to record.  But when I used your code the results were as I explained before in my posts.

JonnyMac

Tim,

I just checked my email (inbox and trash in case of accidental deletion) and I don't see the files. Can you ZIP and send the audio and Vixen files (first group) so I can attempt to play them on my system?

jwilliams at efx-tek dot com
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

youngti

here is the vixen.

youngti

I am trying to send the audio but both seem to be too large for your system even zipped.  One is aroung 4800kb and the other is 2078kb.

youngti

I am unable to send the audio

JonnyMac

No worries.

Having had a little rest between today and the last version, I found a couple "gotchas" and decided to simplify the architecture a bit.  With the debugging information I added and used, it seems to be working on my end (did not try the audio since I don't have yours and I have tested/used those routines with others).

I disabled the terminal debug so you don't have to worry about that.  What you'll notice now is that when the ambient file is playing the big LED on the board will flash fast red; when your main file is playing it will flash fast green.  I did in fact connect a button to IN0 and verified that it interrupts the ambient show and jumps to the main.

Hopefully, we're very close if not there -- and just in time!  Also, after you download the program you may want to power down for 10s and then power back up, just to ensure the uSD card resets properly.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

JonnyMac

BTW... slow red blinks are uSD or file errors.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office