May 18, 2024, 11:20:56 AM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Cauldron Skeleton

Started by youngti, September 26, 2012, 03:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngti

let me try again one at a time

youngti

okay so I can't send you the audio files, they are too big even zipped

youngti

okay so I did another test.  I put just the second show bin and wav file on the cards.  Renamed them to the first show names and turned everything on.  Nothing, no show no audio.  If I leave just the audio in and change back to the fist bin show file.  It plays the second show audio and the first show bin.  I am perplexed.

JonnyMac

Actually, I can live without the audio files -- will try again tomorrow.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

youngti

Just wanted to check.  Are you waiting for me to send you something else?  I was not sure.

JonnyMac

No, just very busy with lots of customers. Doing my best.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

youngti

No worries I understand.  I just wanted to make sure I had not dropped the ball.  I have done it before.

JonnyMac

I was able to take a break from another project so I had a fresh look.

I made some edits that shouldn't have changed the behavior of the code, but I can verify that this one seems to work with your files. The LED flashes red when the ambient file is playing, then changes to green when the main file plays. Note that I set the PIR hold-off to 20s -- that seems more reasonable with PIRs.

I left the debugging window active. You can download the program then press F12 to open a terminal. Set it to 115200 baud and the program will tell you what it's doing (though the red/green LED should do the same).
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

youngti

October 17, 2013, 11:04:41 PM #83 Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 11:27:15 PM by youngti
First of all thank you so much for working on this.

I must have something messed up or not hooked up right.

Debug shows this over and over again.

Starting program...

Playing: vixen00.bin
-- 8 channels
-- 20ms

Playing: vixen00.bin
-- 8 channels
-- 20ms

Okay so I have it set-up this way

On HC8
DMX address switch 16 to 256 all off, all others on
Option select switch and header all off
SD card adapter installed on Option select header with vixen00 and vixen01 bins
TTL Out 0 swivel
TTL Out 1 Jaw
TTL Out 2 Nod
TTL Out 3 Tilt
TTL Out 4 LED Eyes (not programed yet)

All servos are connected by signal wire only and the red and black connected to a 7v 1.2 amp wall wart

Trace on board had been cut originally and not re attached for TTL outs

IN 0 PIR

AP16 connect from TTL Serial to HC8 TTL serial

AP16
Option switches BR on all others off
Audio select switch at 0
SD card inserted and SFX00 and SFX01.wav on card

JonnyMac

QuoteI must have something messed up or not hooked up right.

I've written what I believe are multiple working versions for you and yet it doesn't work on your end. The code fragments I use are well worn -- in use by many people including very big commercial customers (I tend to stick to what works).

I don't mind customizing for one person, but I think I've gone as far as I can go. You tell me, what else do you think that I could logically do to solve this problem? I'll do it if I can.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

youngti

i appreciate al the work you have done, there is no criticism in anything I said.  I just wanted to ask you to confirm that I have all these thing set-up correctly.

i had a thought last night, looking at the other HC8 (not working) that I have.  it looks like when you cut the trace to add external power in to the TTL out, that it cuts the power to the In0's as well.  Since the PIR needs power, hmmmm.  Everything else is working except the triggering.......

JonnyMac

The 5v trace runs from the regulator, through the INx pins, then to the TTL headers -- the cut point is between the INx headers and the TTL output headers.

Have you tried another INx pin? Maybe you damaged that input.  If you look in the main play routine you'll find a line

if (ttl_pin == 0)

This is looking to see if IN0 is active; you can change the 0 to 1..7 to try the other inputs.

Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

livinlowe

You could try using a manual pushbutton to see if it triggers with that. PIR's being the beast they are
Shawn
Scaring someone with a prop you built -- priceless!

youngti

yes still a problem.  I broke down and ordered a new HC8 today.

bsnut

October 19, 2013, 02:46:12 PM #89 Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 01:10:36 AM by bsnut
Quote from: youngti on October 18, 2013, 09:41:30 PM
yes still a problem.  I broke down and ordered a new HC8 today.
What's is the problem, is the board or is it the connections? Another thing that would be great is to provide a photo of your connections to verify that you have everything connected right.
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut