May 18, 2024, 06:32:25 AM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

How the Pros at Legoland Roll....

Started by JonnyMac, December 31, 2013, 03:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyMac

December 31, 2013, 03:52:50 PM Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 10:19:32 AM by JonnyMac
Just got this image from our friends a the Legoland model shop in SoCal -- for their projects the HC-8+/AP-16+ combination is perfect, and they're keeping us hopping filling orders.

In the past they hand-coded animations using BASIC Stamp 2 (same as in Prop-2) processor, but could never get the sophistication of movement and audio sync they desired (how many times have I said hand-programming servos is hard?). When I showed them the HC-8+/AP-16+ and Vixen as a programming tool, they jumped right on board and are doing really neat things for Legoland parks and Lego displays.

Sorry I'm not allowed to give many details about the box, except to say that it will be controlling an attraction at the Legoland Discovery Center.

Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

JackMan

January 02, 2014, 05:42:34 PM #1 Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 05:44:09 PM by JackMan
Cool Beans. Here's a look at my latest HC8+/AP16+ project. The Robotic Head has 8 servos, Nod, Pan, Tilt, 2-axis eyes with eyelids, and Jaw.

livinlowe

hmm, i wonder what they are using for standoffs?
Shawn
Scaring someone with a prop you built -- priceless!

JonnyMac

We did enlarge mounting hole sizes just a bit so better accommodate nylon stand-offs. This update is working its way through all products.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

bsnut

January 06, 2014, 06:57:32 PM #5 Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 11:22:55 PM by bsnut
Quote from: JackMan on January 02, 2014, 05:42:34 PM
Cool Beans. Here's a look at my latest HC8+/AP16+ project. The Robotic Head has 8 servos, Nod, Pan, Tilt, 2-axis eyes with eyelids, and Jaw.
Jack, your project looks pretty cool too.

Jon that's way I like to do my wiring in the electrical cabinets that I would build.
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut