May 18, 2024, 04:11:31 AM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

Any suggestions for controllable RGB LED's to use with the HC-8

Started by needcrew, March 31, 2014, 07:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

needcrew

I only purchased the 4 individual neo pixels since I only really need 2 for eyes.  Wlil the demo work with those?

JonnyMac

I will be writing a custom version of the streamer/player that will allow NeoPixels. When that's done I will post it. My intent is to use channels 0..6 for servos and regular dimmers, and channel 7 for WS2812 output -- as many channels as you want. Note, though, that this will be for Vixen 2.1.x.x so you will need to define 3 channels (RGB) per pixel. I know that Vixen 3.x supports rgb channels, but my friend, KC Oaks (who created Vixen), is not involved with that development so I'm leary to make the switch.

I have chatted with KC in the last couple days and he will be updating the MiniSSC driver for Vixen 2.1 -- this should prevent undesired servo movements when Vixen closes a serial port (and will allow the code to be compatible with VSA that is also using the MiniSSC driver).
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

needcrew

Hi John,

I was wondering if you were ever able to get this going.  I am finally back to working on this, Way too late for this year sadly. 

Thanks

JonnyMac

I never added it to my code because nobody else asked, and you never verified that you had tested the code that I provided. Please understand that coding takes time, and we're a two-man operation hence don't have a lot of time. When you're ready to work on your project, I'll work with you -- but please don't ask me to spend hours writing code that you're not go use.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office