May 18, 2024, 02:58:53 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Adjusting the intershow delay on HC-8 Vixen Player Program

Started by gadget-evilusions, August 21, 2014, 12:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gadget-evilusions

I have attached a program Jon wrote for me. This one allows for a max 127 second inter show delay. How can I adjust the program to allow for up to an 8 minute delay. I am not familiar enough with spin to decipher what all is working to provide that timing.
Brian
Evilusions LLC
www.evilusions.com for all your pneumatic components

JonnyMac

There is a method called program_hold(). Inside you will find this line:

secs <#= 127

This uses the max operator (<#) to limit the value of secs to 127. Put an apostrophe (') at the beginning of the line to comment it out -- this will let that method run more than 127 seconds.

The program_hold() method gets called by code that looks like this:

t := dmx_address(true) & %0111_1111
  program_hold(t)

Change the second line to

program_hold(t * 10)

Now each bit of the DMX switch is worth 10 seconds; this is easy to remember. You have a max value of 1270 seconds with is just over 21 minutes.

Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

gadget-evilusions

Brian
Evilusions LLC

gadget-evilusions

The only way to get this new program onto the HC-8 is thru the prop plug and the propeller editor right? There is no way to boot load from the MicroSD card? Just trying to save myself 4 hours of driving to go load it on the customers prop.
Brian
Evilusions LLC

JonnyMac

Yes, you need to load it in via the editor. Adding auto-programming via the SD card is very tricky businesses.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office