May 18, 2024, 03:38:39 AM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Hooking together two HC-8+ Controllers

Started by JoshHHA2014, September 09, 2014, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoshHHA2014

Hey guys,

I'm sitting here with two HC-8+ controllers, one "hacked" HC-8 managing 7 inputs and a "non-hacked" HC-8 managing 8 outputs. My question is how do I go about connecting servo cable between the two HC-8+'s?

I was told something like Switches connected between TTL Input X.R and TTL Input X.W on the ttl input header.
I know what the TTL Inputs are but does that mean connect TTL INPUT 7 on the "Hacked" HC-8+ to the TTL INPUT 7 on the "Non-Hacked" HC-8+?

JonnyMac

You would go SERIAL header from your master (re-programmed) controller to the SERIAL header on the slave (not re-programmed) controller. You master code can set the slave outputs, and even read the slave inputs.

I recommend setting the slave BR switch to on (38.4K baud for fastest communication), and the A1 and A0 switches OFF (address %00). Make sure that the SM switch (on the options DIP switch) is set to OFF for EFX-TEK serial comms.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office