May 18, 2024, 07:03:46 AM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

12Blocks object oriented programmer

Started by Laytonk, February 11, 2015, 04:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laytonk

Hi has any one tried 12Blocks object oriented programmer http://onerobot.org/products/12blocks/
If so how did it work for you...

JonnyMac

February 11, 2015, 10:20:32 PM #1 Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 10:22:15 PM by JonnyMac
Blocks program is good for very simple things, but beyond that it becomes quite unwieldy. I have been playing with the MIT App Inventor (which uses blocks) to create little programs for my Android phone. Beyond very basic programs, using blocks just gets in the way. It also obfuscates the underlying architecture which can lead to bigger problems long term.

These are my opinions, of course.

Spin is very easy to learn. If I can do it, you can too. I know you want to get the most out of your HC-8's; the simplest way to do that is using Spin, the native language of the Propeller. Remember, the guy who created PBASIC created Spin. His heart has always been in creating simple languages that allow one to do what one wants.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

Laytonk