May 04, 2024, 05:56:38 PM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

HC-8 and 4 Parallax RFID readers request for program help

Started by gadget-evilusions, February 17, 2016, 11:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gadget-evilusions

If possible, I would like to use an HC-8 and 4 of these https://www.parallax.com/product/32390 RFID readers.

What I would like to do, is upon power up, turn on Out O. Then scan continuously the readers. When all 4 readers see an active tag, turn off out 0 and turn on out 1 and out 2, and trigger an AP-16. My plan is to require 4 tags, be placed in the correct order, on the 4 readers, before operating the output device and triggering an triumphant sound effect.
Brian
Evilusions LLC
www.evilusions.com for all your pneumatic components

JonnyMac

You will need the Rev F board -- you have them, right? We can use the XPort inputs on Rev F to connect your RFID tags. You'll need to put a solder-blob on the bottom of the board to allow 5V to the R pins of the XPort headers. The XPort IO lines are protected from 5V inputs. You will also have to connect the enable pin of the readers to ground.

Got that?

I'm in TX at the moment with a client and traveling home tomorrow. Will try to finish up something to work with before the weekend is out.

QuoteMy plan is to require 4 tags, be placed in the correct order, on the 4 readers, before operating the output device and triggering an triumphant sound effect.

Need some guidance on this part.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

JonnyMac

Okay, give this a try. I do not have the gear to test it (it does compile fine), but I've re-used bits of code that has worked in the past.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

gadget-evilusions

I must have missed the notifications on this.

As soon as I get another REV F board in my hand, hopefully tomorrow, I will hook it up and try it.

Thanks,
Brian
Evilusions LLC
www.evilusions.com for all your pneumatic components