May 20, 2024, 02:15:39 PM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Prop SX with Skulltronix

Started by Wraithrat, June 16, 2009, 04:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wraithrat

I have a Skulltronix Skull that uses a Board of Chuckee.  I am building 3 other skulls that will have 3-axis plus jaw movement.  I know I can use the BOC to drive more servos, but it will require a lot of wiring coming out of the neck of the Skull which is not a good thing for head movement.  I have a Prop-SX and would like to use it to drive the new skulls I am constructing.  Can I use the SX and will it interfere with the BOC in the Skulltronix.  I have been reading your posts in the Library regarding the use of the SX to drive servos.  Need to know how to configure the channels and the whole system so it they work together.  Any suggestions would be helpful. 

Sure appreciated visiting with you at the RMG last weekend.  Didn't get a chance to stick around and discuss this particular problem.  Thanx

JonnyMac

I have written but not tested a DMX servo driver for the Prop-SX.  This will require you to add our RS-485 board to the Prop-SX to make it DMX compatible.  I have a skull on the way from another company and once I have something to animate I'll give my DMX servo driver program a try.

We had fun at RMG and appreciate the hospitality shown by the group.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

Wraithrat

I'll look forward to hearing the outcome.  Thanks
Bye the way, I'm the one that made your cool name tags.

randyaz

The RS-485 board still shows to be unavailable. Are they going to be available for this season?

JonnyMac

Yes; let me get an inventory count from the other John.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office