May 20, 2024, 11:52:07 AM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Interference with Servos and WickLed

Started by Ryanm0085, July 30, 2009, 07:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryanm0085

i notice that my servos are acting correctly when i run the program until it reaches the point where the WickLed flashes on and off.  I have the servos on channels 0-3 and one wickled on channel 8.  The servos start twitching bad.  Any ideas or suggestions?

JonnyMac

Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

Ryanm0085

im using vsa...im using the 8 servo 8 relay...i think i may have figured it out.  i used an external power supply to power the servos.  i only conncted the w on the pin connector, not the ground when i connected them to the sx.   however, i used the same power supply, it has 12v, 5v, and ground, to power the SX.  so im not really sure, but thats what i am thinking

JonnyMac

You should use an external power supply for the servos (5v to 6v) and you must connect ground of the external supply to the GND terminal on the Prop-SX.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

livinlowe

One of the issues I am constantly seeing with servos on this board is they require ALOT more current than one would think.
Shawn
Scaring someone with a prop you built -- priceless!