April 29, 2024, 02:44:56 AM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

Prop-1 as output card for vixen

Started by gadget-evilusions, March 15, 2009, 04:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gadget-evilusions

Using the Prop-1_3s4d.dll I should be able to play my vixen sequence right to the prop-1 right?

If so, it appears vixen only allows up to com4. When I plug in my usb to serial adapter, it is on com14. How do I make this work?
Brian
Evilusions LLC
www.evilusions.com for all your pneumatic components

JonnyMac

You have very limited control, yes -- and you have to be running the right program in the Prop-1.  The 3s4d means "3 servos, 4 digital outputs." 

If you have a Parallax USB to Serial adapter (FTDI chip and driver) you can re-assign the COM port using the driver properties dialog.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

gadget-evilusions

Thanks. I got it too work. Too bad there isn't a driver for 7 digital outs and no servos. But it works for what I needed.
Brian
Evilusions LLC

JonnyMac

KC and I are working on the EZ-8 stuff; when that's out of the way we can make a 7-channel digital driver for the Prop-1.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

gadget-evilusions

Actually, once I have an EZ-8 I plan on using that to make the program, dump into vixen, and then dump into prop-1s. But the 7 out driver would still be handy.
Brian
Evilusions LLC

JonnyMac

Just keep in mind that the EZ-8 has 64K of memory, the Prop-1 -- with not program installed -- has 256 bytes.  You can do what you want; I suggest you upload the EZ-8 show and then change the event timing from 33ms to 100ms or more (fewer data points).
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office