April 29, 2024, 10:30:53 PM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

uMP3 Firmware 111.08-b002 issues?

Started by BigRez, October 15, 2009, 01:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigRez

Hi Jon (et al),

Was wondering if you (or anyone) can elaborate on issues found with the new (beta) version of the uMP3 firmware.

That firmware allows access to FAT12 SD cards which I was planning on using for my prop.  I could just use a large (4gb) card from my camera, but I've got several smaller cards (24mb and less) laying around and they'd be great for this use.

As you may know, drives (cards) smaller than 32mb cannot support FAT16 so they are formatted at FAT12.  The current firmware doesn't support FAT12 and will result in E08 and EFD errors.

Thanks!

JonnyMac

No, I can't -- I just found, after loading the new firmware, that previously-working programs didn't work as well; during this time of year I don't take chances with anything, especially another vendor's product.  Once you get your USB2SER you could download the beta code and give it a try.  I could have erred somewhere, but as I just suggested, don't have the time for a detailed investigation.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

BigRez

Fair enough - I'll use the larger card since it's working.  Thanks for all your support!

crpalmer

I have been using the beta firmware and I haven't had any problems.  I would take that with a grain of salt because I haven't exactly been beating on the ump3 player and I am doing things that are probably a little different from Jon.  I am using a prop-sx and a combination of various pieces of code that Jon has written to handle serial I/O and servo updates in the interrupt handler.