April 29, 2024, 03:26:09 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Crate Beast / MIB

Started by BigRez, November 05, 2009, 04:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigRez

November 05, 2009, 04:30:21 PM Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 05:20:37 PM by BigRez
Well, here's my video link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71n1fg03Tl4) and additional detail/pictures:

Crated Beast / MIB
   The program will cycle through three event phases of increasing intensity.  Each iteration will include playing an audio file, bumping the container and lid, and finally opening the doors and having the beast "attack".  After the beast "attacks", it surprises the victims with a spray of water from the mouth. ;) The uMP3 is placed into infinite loop mode to play ambient sounds while "sleeping" between event series.

Power Sources: 12vdc, 5A (5A for pump only), 120vAC
Devices: Prop-1, RC-4, uMP3, Parallax PIR
==========================================================================
prop1.PIN7 = Serial IO (to RC-4)     | No ULN; setup OFF
prop1.PIN6 = PIR                     | No ULN; Setup DN
prop1.PIN5 = uMP3 Tx                 | No ULN
prop1.PIN4 = uMP3 Rx  (not needed)   | No ULN
prop1.PIN3 = LED Eyes                | LED eyes to the beast's head
prop1.PIN2 = Pump            +-------| PIN2/V+/GND through high-current add-on
prop1.OUT1 = Bump            | 75psi | OUT1/V+ ; 12vdc valve, single-acting
prop1.OUT0 = Lid             | 75psi | OUT0/V+ ; 12vdc valve, single-acting
-----------------------------+-------+
rc4.0.1 = Lights             |       | Standard 25w lightbulb or ropelight
rc4.0.2 = Fog                |       | 400w mini Fog
rc4.0.3 = Doors              | 25psi | 120vac valve, double-acting cylinder
rc4.0.4 = Beast              | 25psi | 120vac valve, double-acting cylinder
===========================================================================

I gotta get a bigger compressor because my little 1.5gal could barely handle this one and couldn't keep up with running both props.  The program just barely fit into the Prop-1 and finally did thanks to Jon!

condolaw

That looks great!  Instead of a larger compressor consider adding a $20 reservoir tank to the line
Condolaw
John
St. Augustine, FL

BigRez

Wow, 13 years ago.  Made some minor tweaks to the code over the years and had to replace the pump in the fog machine this year, but still worked great all weekend long.

Had someone offer me $400 to make him one... got a few unused Prop-1 but not sure I want to part with them so probably gonna pass.

Jeff Haas

Cool!  Nice to see it's still going strong.