April 30, 2024, 06:14:39 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

EZ-3micro Q&A

Started by JonnyMac, February 27, 2011, 03:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsnut

What a great idea Brain. Just remember that output can't handle what the relay can in high volts and amps. With extra circuit or a 5VDC relay you can do what you have suggested.
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

gadget-evilusions

The pulse output can handle 5amps. That should be way more than any low voltage device a prop builder would be wiring to it. It was put there to handle my air cannons and similar devices, which pull at a max, 1 amp @ 12vdc.
Brian
Evilusions LLC
www.evilusions.com for all your pneumatic components

JerseyTechGuy

In one of the posts above it says the schematics are available if you want to hack the EZ3-Micro.  I'd like to fool around with it and wanted to know where to download it.

JonnyMac

December 17, 2011, 07:35:32 PM #18 Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:34:19 PM by JonnyMac
I'm attaching it here pending an update (that does not affect programming) and posting it on our web site.

Please understand that we will not provide source code for the EZ-3micro, so before you change the program, be sure that you are very confident in what you're doing.  You will need a PicKit2 or PicKit3 programming tool to download your own firmware (we've used both).

www.efx-tek.com/downloads/EZ-3_micro__v1x00.pdf
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

JerseyTechGuy

Quote from: JonnyMac on December 17, 2011, 07:35:32 PM
I'm attaching it here pending an update (that does not affect programming) and posting it on our web site.

Please understand that we will not provide source code for the EZ-3micro, so before you change the program, be sure that you are very confident in what you're doing.  You will need a PicKit2 or PicKit3 programming tool to download your own firmware (we've used both).

Thanks Jonny.  I have all the necessary tools.  I tried to click the attachment, but it is trying to download the index.php file not the pdf attachment.  Is this a firefox issue?

gadget-evilusions

It downloaded in Google Chrome for me, so it may be a fire fox issue
Brian
Evilusions LLC
www.evilusions.com for all your pneumatic components

JonnyMac

I found FF had an issue, too, so I've created a direct link instead of an attachment.  See above.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

JerseyTechGuy

Quote from: JonnyMac on December 17, 2011, 09:35:15 PM
I found FF had an issue, too, so I've created a direct link instead of an attachment.  See above.
Bingo, that worked.  Thanks so much!

JonnyMac

You're welcome.  If you decide to post code, please do that as a separate thread, not here in the Q&A.  Have fun!
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office