April 27, 2024, 10:29:25 PM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

JonnyMac's Prop-1 Programming Attack!

Started by JonnyMac, February 04, 2013, 09:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HauntedWolf

Maybe a list of 3rd party components that really work well with the Prop-1?

Obviously some discussion of how other EFX-Tek products could be used would be a nice touch....
Robert

Haunted Wolf Hollow - http://www.hauntedwolfhollow.com

livinlowe

Quote from: leving on February 22, 2013, 07:54:00 AM
Well, not so much vmusic but other such 3rd party devices that could be controlled.  Tips and advice.
Ahh! Gotcha, and I agree!
Shawn
Scaring someone with a prop you built -- priceless!

JonnyMac

February 22, 2013, 06:25:46 PM #17 Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 09:07:07 AM by JonnyMac
I will -- as I have one -- use the Rogue uMP3 as one of the 3rd party devices; it works, and it uses two wires for serial versus the one-wire comms on the AP-16+.

My goal is to teach you to fish, not just hand a basket of fishes. You'll get the basket, of course, I just want to give you the knowledge to keep filling it yourself!
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

Jeff Haas

JonnyMac

Sorry, I'm not a very linear writer. When I finish the second chapter ("Programming: It's a Numbers Game") I will post it. In the mean time I've been working on material all over the book, and I've recently purchased a screen cap program so that I can make videos with narration going through various programs.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

bsnut

That's OK Jon I do some of my projects the same way.
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

Jeff Haas

OK, we'll just have to be patient.  Thanks for letting me know.

jukingeo

Great news Jon!

I been away from the forums for a while...but I always come back around Halloween.  Then I saw his post on your new book.  I am CERTAINLY going to get a copy once you have it done.   As it is, I been doing much more work with the Prop-1 than the Prop-2 lately.  (Yeah, I am kind of working backwards, I know).   It is just that for most work with the prop controllers, I find the Prop-1 to be more than enough.

I do have a Propeller learning board though, so I am working on that as well.

I will keep an ear to the ground waiting for when the book is released.

Geo

JonnyMac

I've been away from this project for a while -- so, were even! I'll be back at it and am working on some multi-media materials as well to get people going as we get into the prop control and decorating season (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hannukkah, Christmas, New Years).
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

michilson

August 27, 2014, 02:42:08 PM #24 Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 02:51:02 PM by michilson
Jon,

Cant wait for this to come out I'm excited to see more about what your controllers will do. I'd love to see a bigger collection of terms the controllers understand that control variables.

I know you have helped me in the past on some codes and I think that would be a huge help to have a better definition of what the terms mean and what they do in the Codes.

Keep up the Great work cant wait to see this.

JonnyMac

I didn't do anybody any favors by announcing it WAY before I should have. I thought that I could keep my normal schedule, EFX-TEK development, support, and writing schedule, personal writing schedule (book, screenplays, etc), and personal life. I was wrong. And then even more custom development work (by EFX-TEK for other companies) showed up.

This will find life. My sincerest wish is that anyone who wants to be as comfortable with the Prop-1/BS1 as I am can be.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office