April 27, 2024, 08:41:49 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Introduction

Started by JonnyMac, February 12, 2013, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyMac

February 12, 2013, 01:56:28 PM Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 10:53:16 AM by JonnyMac
Sorry, gang, I was not feeling well yesterday and with the raft of work we have leading up to Transworld I get a bit behind.

Please remember that this is the material has only been edited by me, and very briefly. And do feel free to point out any typos or grammatical errors -- I have very thick skin. Make suggestions, please. If the material can be improved or clarified I will give it my best shot.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

Jeff Haas

Jonny,

Great start!  I had some time and read through it; attached are the typos I found.

Jeff

JonnyMac

Thanks, Jeff. A few minutes after uploading I did a download test and caught about half of those errors -- sometimes my fingers and brain do not connect!
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

bsnut

February 12, 2013, 08:41:14 PM #3 Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 08:43:41 PM by bsnut
Quote from: JonnyMac on February 12, 2013, 06:19:41 PM
Thanks, Jeff. A few minutes after uploading I did a download test and caught about half of those errors -- sometimes my fingers and brain do not connect!
We all have this problem Jon.

BTW, good job with the first part
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

livinlowe

It looks good Jon! The only thing I could find is on Pg 7 "...on windowsm." I think the m is a fat finger error? Good Job!
Shawn
Scaring someone with a prop you built -- priceless!

JonnyMac

Thanks, Shawn. I must have neglected to run a basic spell check after my initial edit.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

JonnyMac

Version E up today. No new information, just continuing to refine and fix grammatical errors in what I've posted.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

gadget-evilusions

I think that will be very helpful to those just starting out, or even veterans who may have never learned certain details.
Brian
Evilusions LLC
www.evilusions.com for all your pneumatic components

gmacted

I found another error on page 10 (5-Volt regulator)

"The output of the regulator runs the Prop-1 circuitry and is provided to the R pins to the TTL IO header (F)."

should read

"The output of the regulator runs the Prop-1 circuitry and is provided to the R pins on the TTL IO header (F)."

It's a very good start Jon.  I can't wait to read more.

JonnyMac

Thanks for the catch -- little things like that are particularly difficult when knows what the words should be.

I have more material but will wait until we're safely past Transworld before posting. Once I'm back and rested there will be regular updates leading to the printed book.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

joecuellar3

It's a great start, but you can't leave me hanging like this it's to painful! Looking forward to reading the rest, so I don't have to call you as much.

JackMan

QuoteLooking forward to reading the rest, so I don't have to call you as much.

Just remember, you can search the forums or post any questions you have, there's always someone here to help out.  ;)