April 29, 2024, 07:15:15 AM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Easy Vixen Install -- 1 Step.

Started by JonnyMac, October 03, 2013, 12:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyMac

Okay, two steps:

1) Download file: www.efx-tek.com/downloads/Vixen_2.1.x.x.zip
2) Unzip

I have been working with two major SoCal amusement parks that are putting Vixen to work creating servo/led shows for their projects. In order to ensure that they had all the correct files, I simply cleaned-up my Vixen 2.1.x.x folder, ZIPped it, and gave it to them. Well, it makes sense to give that to you as well!

Vixen doesn't use a traditional installer; you only need to unzip the file to the desired location. Please save any sequences that you've created before deleting any older Vixen installations. For those that have experimented with version 2.5, it has been abandoned (it was an interim idea, but didn't work out; 2.1 is the latest to use with EFX-TEK products).

My folders include all the latest EFX-TEK updates from K.C., including new Plug-Ins and Add-Ins that work with the EZ-8 and the EZ-8+.

I hope that this is helpful for those having trouble finding all the right bits for Vixen -- and I'm sorry I didn't think to do this sooner! Now go have fun with Vixen!
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office