May 01, 2024, 10:47:14 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

Hanukkah Menorah

Started by JonnyMac, December 02, 2014, 12:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyMac

December 02, 2014, 12:26:05 PM Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 03:35:11 PM by JonnyMac
I wrote the attached article before we had the Prop-2 controller released, hence the hand-soldered protoboard.

BTW... it is possible to do a Menorah with the Prop-1, but you have to tie the Shamash (center) and first candles together to reduce the total to eight outputs. A couple years ago we helped the CA State Capitol building with a Prop-1 controlled Menorah.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

bsnut

Jon,

I see you went back to one of your old Nuts&Volts articles for us to see how it can be done on the
Prop-2 ;D.     
William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

leving

I am STILL working on plans for a 10-15 ft Hanukiah.  I am looking at regular LED light bulbs for lighting.  Is there a way to Flicker those bulbs using the HC-8 that I plan on driving the project with?
Everyone will be happy.
Even if they must be held down kicking and screaming until they are.

JonnyMac

Sure. Keep in mind that the HC-8+ only has eight outputs, so you'll have to connect the Shamash and Day 1 "candles" to the same output.  Please post a request in the HC-8+ section to remind me. I developed a new bit of candle code that looks much more natural than in the past, so I'm excited to have people give it a try.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office