April 29, 2024, 03:49:21 AM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

"Stranger Things" Experience

Started by JonnyMac, October 24, 2016, 06:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyMac

October 24, 2016, 06:15:37 PM Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 06:25:33 PM by JonnyMac
For you fans of the HBO series "Stranger Things," have a look at what my friend Matt did to his living room:

The letters wall is a thin theater flat that he meticulously painted to match screen grabs from the show. The Christmas lights are actually strings of RGB LEDs with WS2811 controllers built in. This lets Matt have individual control of color and brightness of every light. The lights are being controlled by an HC-8+ with some code by yours truly. The HC-8+ is listening to trigger values coming in via DMX from a big show control system. Based on the trigger channel, a sequence can run which selectively dims and brightens a bulb to spell out a word. There are other effects, too.

Matt has put a lot of time and energy into this project. We're glad he's a customer and we could help out with a bit of HC-8+ code.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

Jeff Haas

That is really impressive!  It would be great to see a video.

JonnyMac

I'm sure that Matt will be posting a lot of video. I will provide links when he does.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

JonnyMac

Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

bsnut

William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut