April 27, 2024, 03:43:51 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

2005-2016 Prop 1

Started by aquawilly54, October 05, 2017, 08:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aquawilly54

Hi all.   The new Prop 1 I received last week has 2005 - 2016 printed on it, and incorporates a very flat miniaturized ULN2803A.  Before I break something; can this ULN be removed and modified to act as a ULN2003?  If so, are ULN2003s' of the miniature persuasion available so I can order a few? 

Thanks much.

Steve

JonnyMac

Well, you cannot desolder that dude -- unless you're as good as John B. There is an addendum to the documentation on the Prop-1 page:

-- http://www.efx-tek.com/downloads/prop-1_revG_addendum.pdf

This shows how to disable the ULN on P7 and P6.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

aquawilly54

Ok, I'll work that one.

Now one more question:  I also noticed on this prop-1 that one of the jumpers for the P6 and P7 down/up configuration is missing.  Is this an item I can find locally?  (Radio Shacks are closing left and right around here)
If not, am I able to order one (or maybe a few) through EFX TEK?  I don't think I've seen them as stand alone items.

That is all.

Thanks much.

Steve

JonnyMac

Sorry, that shouldn't have happened. You can probably find them in a Fry's or similar store, or in a store that builds computers. They're called shorting blocks. Take the board with you so that people know what you mean.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office