April 28, 2024, 08:48:04 AM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

New Controller for 2018

Started by JonnyMac, March 22, 2018, 09:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyMac

If you're a fan of the Arduino, we have a new product you might like: the Prop-ACC (Arduino Code Compatible). Basically, we put an UNO with eight analog channels into our form factor with a good 5v power supply and eight high-current outputs (pins 2..9). All user IO is available via color-coded servo-style pin headers. It will run any of your favorite UNO libraries, because it has the ATmega328P and the standard Arduino bootloader.

I've attached a 3D image because it's easier to see, but those at Transworld can pop by our booth (#1234) and play with the real deal. It will be up on the web site and available fore sale in the next few weeks.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

JonnyMac

Here's the preliminary documentation. I have to add a section on use of the VRef header (most people won't ever need this, but it's there for those who do).
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

BigRez

That looks like it'll be nice!  Will the eight high-power outputs supply 5v or provide the same as the input voltage?  Any thought of allowing a selectable output voltage of 5v or 3.3v?

bsnut

William Stefan
The Basic Stamp Nut

JonnyMac

Quote from: BigRez on March 24, 2018, 05:06:39 PM
That looks like it'll be nice!  Will the eight high-power outputs supply 5v or provide the same as the input voltage?  Any thought of allowing a selectable output voltage of 5v or 3.3v?

I don't think we can do that for two reason: 1) it would take a MAJOR re-routing of power around the board (doable, but a LOT of work), and 2) we use the UNO bootloader which is designed for 5v. There may be a problem switching the power to the processor (which controls IO voltage) to 3.3V.

That said, we'll look into it. We're on Rev F of the HC-8+ which means we're always willing to make improvements.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office