April 28, 2024, 12:42:40 PM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

Looking for boards

Started by youngti, October 11, 2023, 09:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngti

October 11, 2023, 09:08:56 AM Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 09:16:01 AM by youngti
Hi All, at least those still here.  I have been reading the posts lately and see that this board has not been very active.  I myself have not been back on in a while, not really building any new props.  However i recently ran into an issue with a prop that's been working since 2008.  Its what i call the Grim Reaper and it sits above my garage greeting tot's as they come to the house (post here https://www.efx-tek.com/php/smf/index.php?topic=804.msg4450#msg4450).  Unfortunately it has stopped working and I am afraid its due to the Prop 1. I have taken the board and plugged it into the USB key and can see the red lights come on.  But when plugged into the prop i get nothing.  I will check the power supply this weekend (have to pull the whole thing down which is not fun) and see if that's the issue.  The prop has three boards, Scary Terry servo driver, Cowlacious audio and the Prop 1. Okay getting to my questions, sorry for the long intro.  1) does anyone have any Prop 1's or Prop 2's that they would be willing to sell me?  2).  Can you substitute a prop 2 or maybe a PropSX (which i have one) for a prop 1 and use the same code? and lastly 3) does anyone have any possible other suggestions for troubleshooting the prop?

youngti

If your interested here is my Halloween yard, the Grim reaper is at 1 minute, 34 seconds on the video.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3lMyWViWbo

BigRez

Hey Youngti-

Quote from: youngti on October 11, 2023, 09:08:56 AM1) does anyone have any Prop 1's or Prop 2's that they would be willing to sell me?
I do have a few, but sorry, now that I found them again I have plans.

Quote from: youngti on October 11, 2023, 09:08:56 AM2).  Can you substitute a prop 2 or maybe a PropSX (which i have one) for a prop 1 and use the same code?
The Prop-2 uses different code so that wont work. You'd have to rewrite new code.
I dont know about the PropSX, but think it's also different.

Quote from: youngti on October 11, 2023, 09:08:56 AM3) does anyone have any possible other suggestions for troubleshooting the prop?

Do no lights come on at all when connected to the power supply?  Certainly check the power supply. I've had a couple go out over time which caused the issue you're describing.