April 28, 2024, 08:09:57 AM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Downloading code of a prop2 controller

Started by Lanuti, December 12, 2023, 11:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanuti

I have an old puzzle that runs on a prop2 controller. The computer that was used for programming it was stolen. Can I download the code off the Prop2 or has it become a relic?
Thanking y'all in advance.

Jeff Haas

Sorry, programming a Prop-1 or a Prop-2 (or any microcontroller) is a one-way process.  The source code gets converted into a small version that removes all the human-readable stuff and fits onto the controller.

However, if you can completely describe what the program does - all the buttons/switches, every light or buzzer - then it's possible to write new code that will work the same way the original code did. 

Have you programmed in Parallax Basic much?  I've done quite a bit and might be able to help.

Jeff Haas

I looked up your old posts and found the discussion where you had JonnyMac helping you with the code.

Is this it?  Scroll to the last post:
https://www.efx-tek.com/php/smf/index.php?topic=2311.15

Lanuti

Thanks for the reply.

I will give that code a try.  I don't remember if we modified it after that.  I will reach back out and let you know how it goes.  I appreciate your help

Steve