April 27, 2024, 11:13:20 PM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Using the uMP3 with the Prop-1

Started by JonnyMac, March 04, 2007, 01:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyMac

Make sure that P14 is connected to the R input on the uMP3, and that P13 is connect to the T output.  Also, you should have common ground between the two boards.

I've always had good luck with the uMP3 and can't see why your program shouldn't work.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

davisgraveyard

What do you mean by common ground between the two boards?   The black wire of the cable is conneced to the G on the uMP3 and to the B pin of P13.

davisgraveyard

Looks like I got it working.  The email I got with your post isn't showing up here?   You suggested using T9600 intead what you were doing in yours.  That did the trick.  It is working great now.  Now I just need to record a real speach, get the moving skull working, and program the head movements to the audio.  No problem.

Jeff

JonnyMac

Glad you got it working, Jeff.  I know how frustrating chasing gremlins can be.  I've spend the last week trying to make the SX48 behave nicely as a motor controller using its internal PWM generators -- it has been ugly at times.  Celebrate small victories as they always lead to larger ones.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office