April 29, 2024, 08:02:51 PM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

JonnyMac's Availability

Started by JonnyMac, April 13, 2008, 01:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyMac

Friends,

Forgive me if I'm not quite as responsive over the next couple days -- I have a lot weighing on my heart and mind.  My youngest brother, Joshua, was in a snowboarding accident that left him with a broken neck, broken bones in his lower back, a cracked pelvis, and two broken femurs.  Pretty darned serious injuries, even for a young guy (he's 24).  My family thanks Goodness that Josh is able to feel and move his extremities, so while his spinal chord is bruised, it does not, at the moment, seem injured beyond that. 

All things considered he landed in the best possible hands, starting with the rescue team at the resort and ending with the best surgeons in Alaska operating on him.  He's not out of the wood, but over a very big hump. 

So... I'm a bit scattered, and on the phone a lot with my mom and sister trying to keep appraised of Josh's condition.  That may have me away from my computer a bit more than normal.  If you get into a real bind and need help please call.

Thanks for understanding.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

dullom

Hey Jon,

I think everyone here will understand. I'm sure that anything we need can wait until you have time.  Take care of yourself, and your family first! I hope your brother gets well soon, and has a speedy recovery.   

Bill P

Hope all turns out well for your brother.

Bill Plano

livinlowe

If there is anything we as friends can do, PLEASE let us know. My prayers are with you
Shawn
Scaring someone with a prop you built -- priceless!

Tim-M

Our prayers are with your brother and family too Jon.

Tim

Liam

I know I already sent you an email about this, but it certainly bears repeating. My thoughts and well wishes are with you and your family for a speedy and successful recovery for Josh. You have done so much for all of us through the years that the least we can do for you is give you some support and patience.

Liam

JonnyMac

Thank you all for your kind thoughts; my family and I appreciate you very much.

Angels are apparently watching over Joshua; many do not survive the injuries he sustained, and almost all that do end up paralyzed.  This is not the case with Josh which has the medical staff working on him frequently using the word, "amazing" and alternating between tears (of joy) and enormous smiles.

He is a good kid, and has already faced some pretty serous challenges this past year.  With his strong will and your continued kind thoughts our family expects he will make it through this with a few scars and some metal in his bones, but none the worse for wear otherwise.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

menehune

I'm praying for a full and speedy recovery for your Brother.

I know exactly what you are going thru.  My father fell off a two story roof while doing some construction for a volunteer organization and I was "out of it" for the week and a half he was in the hospital.  Fortunately, his injuries were relatively minor considering he had a shattered vertebrae.  He had no paralysis and his nerve damage is clearing, although very slowly.

pbronson

Jon,
I just learned of your brother's condition. My thoughts are with him, you and your family. We will all be praying for his speedy recovery.

Sincerely,
Pete

JonnyMac

I just wanted to thank you all, again, for your kind thoughts and words.  Yesterday Josh was moved from the ICU to the orthopedic ward -- this is a HUGE step forward in his progress and a day the family was waiting for.  He has a long road of recover ahead, but yesterday's first big step was indeed a big one.

My family and I deeply appreciate all your kind sentiments.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

Tim-M

Hey Jon,

How about a progress report for your brother?  I'm sure that the many of us pulling for him would like to hear some news!

Thanks,

Tim

JonnyMac

Thanks for asking.  I spoke with my mother yesterday while traveling to MHC and Josh is doing incredibly well.  He was able to go home from the hospital last week and may actually get to start trying to walk next week.  He cracked his left side hip socket so the doctors have not allowed him to put any weight on it.  Since being home he's doing everything he can between physical therapy sessions, including a lot of painting and drawing (that is his profession).  In all, Josh is way ahead the recovery curve and we pray this continues as he still faces some pretty serious challenges.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

livinlowe

Shawn
Scaring someone with a prop you built -- priceless!

Greg

Great to hear the good news Jon!