June 14, 2024, 12:43:37 AM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Monitoring playing indicator on an audio board.

Started by gadget-evilusions, August 27, 2009, 11:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gadget-evilusions

August 27, 2009, 11:58:17 AM Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 02:51:37 PM by gadget-evilusions
I am using an mp3 player board, that I have used in the past with a prop-1.  A recent feature added is a playing indicator pin, that I am hoping to be able to monitor after triggering the board, to see when the file is done playing, I can continue to the next part of the program in the prop-1.

Quoted from the help documents:

"Playing Indicator: This output floats around 3 volts when the player is idle, and drops to 0 volts when a file is playing. This is a low voltage / low current output with no buffering so care must be taken when using this output. This is capable of driving an led or similar device, and should not be exposed to voltages greater than 5 volts dc. "

What would be the best way to monitor this type of output with a prop-1?

Thank you.

*edit* I meant to say buffering, not buggering.
Brian
Evilusions LLC
www.evilusions.com for all your pneumatic components

JonnyMac

No "buggering"? -- that actually is quite dirty in some versions of English.

Do you have specs on the device?  I'm guessing it's an open-collector output that has a pull-up to 3.3v; if that's the case then you could connect it to a Px.W input (no SETUP jumper, no ULN) and when that input goes low you know it's running.  This should work because the 0/1 threshold of the Prop-1 is 1.4 volts; below that is 0, above is 1.  If the device is at 3.3v when idle that will look like a "1" on the Prop-1 input.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office